After 34 years of practice, Dr. Bruce Genter of the Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Center has decided to retire. However, he will still be performing various cosmetic surgery procedures for patients until the end of June 2018, as well as following up with them through the end of September 2018. There’s still time if you want to enhance your appearance with the help of Dr. Genter and staff!
You’re probably familiar with Botox, which is an injectable that relaxes the muscles that cause wrinkles to provide users with a more youthful look, but you may be left wondering what Dysport is and whether it would be better suited for you than Botox. Fortunately, we’re going to explain them here in this blog.
While Botox may be the most well-known wrinkle-reducing procedure in the United States, there are a couple of other treatments that are just as qualified and provide just as many benefits. Dysport is one of them. In April 2009, Dysport, which is very similar to Botox, was approved by the FDA. In this blog, we’re going to discuss the two cosmetic treatments, which we offer here at the Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Center, along with a variety of other treatments including eyelid lifts in Philadelphia, PA, and surrounding areas.
- Botox – Botox is a highly popular cosmetic treatment that has been offered to patients around the world for many years. Since it’s clearance for cosmetic use by the FDA in 2002, millions of patients have been using it to improve their appearance. FDA-approved cosmetic applications for Botox include reducing the appearance of facial wrinkles on the forehead, around the eyes, and between the brows. Botox works by relaxing the facial muscles, which allows wrinkles to flatten out, helping the skin appear younger.
- Dysport – Dysport is another type of prescription injectable that has been approved by the FDA for minimizing wrinkles and fine lines. This treatment has been proven to help smooth the appearance of moderate to severe facial expression lines without changing the looks or movement of your face. Dysport typically tends to diffuse more quickly and spread to a wider area than Botox. A larger treatment area can be addressed with fewer injections, but this means that Dysport may be less effective when treating smaller areas where more precision is needed.
Before you make any decisions about Botox or Dysport, you can schedule a free consultation with Dr. Genter here at the Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Center. Both treatments are designed to provide you with a more youthful appearance by smoothing out lines and wrinkles on the face. However, some people may prefer one over the other. We’re here to help you decide! To learn more about Botox and Dysport, contact us at 215-240-6758. We also offer a variety of other treatments including rhinoplasty in Philadelphia, PA, and other local areas.
Valentine’s Day may be over, and even though boxes of chocolate are now empty and heart-shaped balloons have become deflated, that doesn’t mean the love has to stop! We’re sure that the affection for your significant other, family, and friends is currently at a high, but what about the love for your body?
If you’re not exactly feeling ecstatic about your physical appearance nowadays, we’d like to help change that here at the Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Center. We provide a variety of cosmetic procedures and surgeries including body lifts in Philadelphia, PA, and the surrounding areas that are designed to help you fall back in love with your body! Here are a few of the procedures that we offer:
- Body Lift – This is an extensive procedure that’s intended to tighten loose, excess tissues of the body (in areas including the inner thighs, outer thighs, buttocks, and more) that have become a problem after significant weight loss. The best candidates for this type of surgery are those who have lost a ton of weight and are now maintaining a healthy lifestyle and stable weight. Men and women who choose this procedure do so to put “the finishing touch” on their weight loss efforts.
- Tummy Tuck – The tummy tuck procedure (also known as abdominoplasty) is another type of treatment that rids the body of loose, excess skin after pregnancy or massive weight loss. However, as the name implies, the tummy tuck surgery is designed to tighten the loose skin around the midsection to produce a flatter and firmer abdomen. It also helps repair weakened abdominal wall muscles.
- Liposuction – This is a selective fat removal procedure that contours the body to bring it back into proportion and improve a person’s overall shape. It is not a weight loss solution, but rather a way to remove stubborn fat deposits that won’t go away through diet changes or exercise routines. The areas that liposuction can treat include the abdomen, back, flanks, knees, thighs, buttocks, hips, under the chin, and chest (males).
If you’re seeking body contouring in Bucks County, PA, or one of the surrounding areas, you can contact our team at Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Center for more information! To learn more about falling back in love with your body, give us a call at 215-240-6758.