Summer is (finally!) almost here, and we all know what that means – trips to the beach, days spent in the swimming pool, and time outside in the blistering sun. And while many people enjoy this time of year, a ton of others have come to dread it because they aren’t satisfied with their body. If you happen to be one of the people who dreads hearing the words, “Let’s go to the pool!” then you may be a good candidate for our body contouring procedure. At the Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Center, we can help. There’s still time to get your summer body. Keep reading to learn more about body contouring after major weight loss.
What is Body Contouring?
Body contouring consists of a variety of surgical procedures that are designed to tighten the loose, excess tissues of the body that have become a problem after major weight loss. These procedures are designed to provide immediate and long-lasting results to transform and reshape your body.
What are Common Body Contouring Procedures?
Here are some of the most common body contouring procedures:
- Abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) – This procedure tightens the tissue and skin that protrudes from the midsection tummy.
- Arm lift (Brachioplasty) – This procedure removes excess skin and tissue from the upper arms.
- Body lift surgery – This procedure targets loose, excess tissue in the buttocks, inner thighs, and outer thighs.
- Thigh lift surgery – This procedure is designed to eradicate tissue on the outer and inner thighs.
Can Body Contouring Benefit You?
The best candidates for a body contouring procedure are men and women who have lost a massive amount of weight and are now maintaining a healthy lifestyle and stable weight. Typically, adults who do not have medical conditions that would impair the healing process and have maintained a stable weight loss for at least a year would make qualified candidates. If you believe that you would be a good fit for a body contouring procedure, you can contact us here at the Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Center.
Get the body you deserve this summer with help from one of the best plastic surgeons serving Bucks County, PA, as well as the surrounding area! Call us at 215-240-6758 to schedule a free consultation.
After 34 years of practice, Dr. Bruce Genter of the Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Center has decided to retire. However, he will still be performing various cosmetic surgery procedures for patients until the end of June 2018, as well as following up with them through the end of September 2018. There’s still time if you want to enhance your appearance with the help of Dr. Genter and staff!
You’re probably familiar with Botox, which is an injectable that relaxes the muscles that cause wrinkles to provide users with a more youthful look, but you may be left wondering what Dysport is and whether it would be better suited for you than Botox. Fortunately, we’re going to explain them here in this blog.
While Botox may be the most well-known wrinkle-reducing procedure in the United States, there are a couple of other treatments that are just as qualified and provide just as many benefits. Dysport is one of them. In April 2009, Dysport, which is very similar to Botox, was approved by the FDA. In this blog, we’re going to discuss the two cosmetic treatments, which we offer here at the Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Center, along with a variety of other treatments including eyelid lifts in Philadelphia, PA, and surrounding areas.
- Botox – Botox is a highly popular cosmetic treatment that has been offered to patients around the world for many years. Since it’s clearance for cosmetic use by the FDA in 2002, millions of patients have been using it to improve their appearance. FDA-approved cosmetic applications for Botox include reducing the appearance of facial wrinkles on the forehead, around the eyes, and between the brows. Botox works by relaxing the facial muscles, which allows wrinkles to flatten out, helping the skin appear younger.
- Dysport – Dysport is another type of prescription injectable that has been approved by the FDA for minimizing wrinkles and fine lines. This treatment has been proven to help smooth the appearance of moderate to severe facial expression lines without changing the looks or movement of your face. Dysport typically tends to diffuse more quickly and spread to a wider area than Botox. A larger treatment area can be addressed with fewer injections, but this means that Dysport may be less effective when treating smaller areas where more precision is needed.
Before you make any decisions about Botox or Dysport, you can schedule a free consultation with Dr. Genter here at the Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Center. Both treatments are designed to provide you with a more youthful appearance by smoothing out lines and wrinkles on the face. However, some people may prefer one over the other. We’re here to help you decide! To learn more about Botox and Dysport, contact us at 215-240-6758. We also offer a variety of other treatments including rhinoplasty in Philadelphia, PA, and other local areas.