A recent article just came out discussing whether or not face and neck exercises can help make you look younger. The answer: Probably not. If you run a Google search, many electronic and manual devices will come up, but none can conclusively help target facial muscles and rejuvenate your face. While practicing healthy habits like eating a balanced diet and exercising will help you overall, here are some procedures that can keep you looking young without resorting to gimmicks and facial calisthenics.
Skin, Skin, Skin – taking care of your skin can go a long way. First step is having a good skincare regimen at home that consists of cleaning, moisturizing and exfoliating. Treatments like facials, micro-peels, laser and light skin resurfacing helps maintain and treat conditions like acne, rosacea, large pores, wrinkles and sunspots. For deeper wrinkles, sagging and loss of volume, you may seek out injectables like Botox®, Juvéderm® and other fillers.
- Skin resurfacing: http://www.surgery.org/consumers/procedures/skin/skin-resurfacing
- Ultherapy [Project Beauty VIDEO]: http://www.projectbeauty.com/videos/channel/skincare/
Eyes – they say the eyes are the windows to the soul. If they’re framed by dark circles, sagging lids and crows feet, they might not be representing a clear image (or vision for that matter). Eyelid surgery or blepharoplasty can make your face appear brighter, younger and more welcoming. In combination with fillers and Botox®, your windows can finally reflect a younger you.
- No more baggy eyes [Project Beauty VIDEO]: http://www.projectbeauty.com/videos/watch/rosemary-no-more-baggy- eyes/
Lift it up – a good forehead, face and neck lift should never leave you looking tight or overstretched. Loose skin can be removed, skin smoothed and extra fat “liposuctioned” away. While there are many different techniques and methods, the result should be to turn back the hands of time, so you look like a younger you – not someone else!
- More than one way to lift a neck: http://www.surgery.org/consumers/plastic-surgery-news-briefs/lift-neck-1037037
General Links related to Facial Rejuvenation Procedures:
- Article: Lasers fight sun damage; injectables reduce under eye circles: http://www.crabappleinc.com/massachusetts/deerfield-monroe_bridge.shtml
- Article: Can face and neck exercises shave off the years? http://www.surgery.org/consumers/plastic-surgery-news-briefs/face-neck-exercises-shave-years-1037147
- [BLOG] Injectables: How to prevent bruising: http://www.projectbeauty.com/blog/blog-post/injectables-how-to-prevent-bruising/
- Fillers After My Facelift [Project Beauty VIDEO]: http://www.projectbeauty.com/videos/watch/joanne-fillers-after-my-facelift/